Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011


Hi mom!
 
Haha! Yeah her last name is Borrows but her name tag says Kigueta because she's a fourth Ogibwei (she speaks the language too.) and since in spanish her last name Borrows would mean a donkey or someone who's slow of speech so she choose to use her Given name from her grandma. She's teaching me to say blueberry pie in that language. It's long! Yes she said she wanted to write to you guys as well as her family. That's how she descibes me to other people.
 
How're you feeling now? Almost back to normal? But ick, doctor. I hope you're doing well! i'm still praying for you!
 
Yeah bit of culture shock but I love it! This ward is the best and I'm soooo happy not to be serving in english! The hispanic people are so nice! It was a little odd learning how to kiss other women, it's a big part of the culture down here. You see someone you know, or might know, or have just met, and just got in for a kiss ont he cheek.
 
Thanks! I think I'll be set once I have my bedding. They had an extra blanket I've been using so I'm good! I love you mom! I'll be sending some things in the mail and pictures in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment