Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011


I'm doing really well, we had a great week! I missed you guys too, I went through my letters from the MTC and loved reading them again :)
 
From what you two say it sounds like things are going really really well for you all at home! Wow! That would be amazing if he could get that! Sounds like things are just as busy for you too though! Are you thinking of stepping up or do you want to stay where you are for now? That's sad but I'm sure you two will have fun get togethers later on as well :)
 
Bones is cute! She's always been so against dying her hair, I definatly want a picture! I think it'll look super cute on her! Yay for getting brave! It's good practice for when she goes on a mission ;) Sometimes you just shovel whatever it is down with a smile. I like what a mission president said, "There's no growing in a comfort zone, and no comfort in a growing zone."
 
That's awesome about connor! Where does he want to go or does he know yet? That would be so good for him and he would love it! He's really growing lately.
 
I'm really really happy to hear that. I just know that this work is going to bless so many people and I'm so happy that we're seeing the blessing for our family coming. By the way do we have missionaries in our ward serving there? If so you should go out with them, it's a blast and we really love it when members come with us. Tell everyone hi for me and thank them all for their support and prayers!
 
I miss you guys too, but I like how Hna Kigueta said it, "Ever since I left my family I've gotten closer to them than ever." I really feel like that. I love getting to talk to him too when he can, it's nice to have a little chat with him :)
 
Thank you for all the love and boxes! I really appriciate it mom!
 
Hna Kigueta has been teaching me how to write poems more often and I'm finding some good ones. Bit of a growing zone for me, but she's teaching me to share them a bit more. I have a poem for you guys. I was thinking about one of the girls we taught. She has had a really hard life and just had another upheavel. She's in Cali right now and we just hope that she stays with the gospel, it's the only thing she can count on with the father she has. 
 
Sobs wracked her frame as she mourned for her pain.
Sitting on her heels she felt the weight of this heartache crush her into the floor.
She couldn't do this alone.
She wasn't strong enough to live through this.
She'd feel lucky if she could just survive.
 
Oh my child, I said softly, why are you trying to do this alone?
Look up and see where you are.
 
You sit on your knees pleading for support,
not realizing that you're resting your head on my knees.
 
You cry for comfort,
but I've had you in my arms all this time.
 
You hope someone will help,
I've already planned for your escape.
 
So why do you suffer so?
Look, take my hands, feel the marks.
Remember that you are mine,
that I've already paid for your pain.
You don't need to suffer so.
 
Daughter be of good cheer.
I am with you and will carry you through your trials.
 
Oh my child, if you would only let me.
`````
  
Any snow yet? It's 75 right now outside. We had a sudden switch and the heat is gone, now it's a little chilly in the morning but nothing bad, and wonderful during the day! Although the sudden change got my comp sick. She's slowly getting her voice back. Made it hard when she couldn't talk at all so I ended up teaching most of the lessons. It was good Spanish practice.
 
A boy got baptised this weekend! He's a really cool 11 year old and was so excited all this month to get baptised. I like the way he put it he said, "I feel like I'm in a big warm quilt!" Awesome kid and he really has a hunger to learn. He told us how he reads his BoM under his covers with a flashlight. Cute!
 
It's been an odd week. Sometimes you go out fishing all day and don't catch anything. Sometimes that goes on for a week. But we somehow managed to make our goal of 5 new investigators for the week. But even when no one wanted to talk we had a good time! One woman answer the door after we knocked on her window (the door was painted and didn't make any noise) and yelled, "IS THAT HOW YOU KNOCK ON DOORS?!" Us, ".....no? The door didn't make any noise." She yelled a bit then slammed the door. We left and Hna turned to me, "Is that how you knock on doors? Didn't your father ever teach you?" Me, "I never had a father!" I love tracking with her, we have so much fun! Also chiuahuas hate me. Hna can walk right by them but the minute I try they freak out. However any stray cat near by runs over to me for some love.
 
This was a great week over all! I love you all so much!
 
Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment