Monday, December 10, 2012

November 5, 2012


Well, I can feel it coming so I’ll just apologize now. There’s only a few more weeks left so I’ll save most of my stories for when I get back so my emails are going to be a little shorter. Wow only five more weeks! I’m on the lookout today for milk that expires after I do. We had a really good week with some cool things that happened.

We found so many people this week that want to talk to us. Some families too. One of them is Maria and her aunt and son. Maria is so awesome! We’ve only seen her twice but she’s already planning to be baptized on the 24th! She didn’t show up to church so we went by to see if everything was okay. Turns out that she couldn’t get work off in the morning and was really sad about it. So we started talking and she mentioned that she’d been reading but that she fell asleep. So we decided to read together to get her going and ended up reading a couple of chapters and then teaching her most of the plan of salvation. She understands the scriptures really well and she really wants to learn. Her aunt is so cute, the first time we came by we asked her to pray at the end and she looked down and said she didn’t know how, that she could only do The Lords Prayer. So we taught her how to pray and afterwards she was crying and said she was sad that she hadn’t known how to pray. But she said she would practice and that it would be better next time. We assured her that it was fine.

For Halloween we got lucky and a member could take us to the ward party. It was so fun! Too late we thought of going dressed as Elders (like just putting a tie on), but it would have been a good idea. Then we went home and rested a bit. The next day during the night we carved pumpkins and they came out pretty good, it was fun! I’ll send pictures.

So in our area lives one of the councilors to the mission president, Presidente Zayas. I love the Zayas family, they’re so great! Well One of their grandsons that lives with them, Carlos, has a friend across the street that the whole time we were teaching him to get him ready to be baptized this friend sat in for the lessons. Well we invited him to take the lessons and his mom was okay with it so we started teaching him. He came to church on Sunday and those two punked me! After the last hour Carlitos came up stone faced and I asked where his friend went. He told me, “He didn’t want to come. He didn’t want to come to church.” My heart sank and I asked where he was. He told me he went home. I told him that it was okay, that he didn’t have to come if he didn’t want to. Then he smiled and said, “Nah, he’s right there.” He was hiding behind me! They got me good.

Love you all! Have a great week!
Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment