Monday, December 10, 2012

October 15, 2012


Well to update you all I had an interesting week. But it was really long because first of all I got sick. It’s happened a few times and it’s never fun, but this is the first time I’ve actually been sick enough to have to stay in bed all day. I don’t know what hit me but it wasn’t fun, I just suddenly got it and slept all day. It slows down the work so much, and it’s really boring to just stay in all day. I’m glad I haven’t gotten sick more while I’ve been out here.

I didn’t get the chance to tell all of you last week but I asked for an extension last Monday. I’d prayed about it and my answer was that I needed to ask. I didn’t really feel that I’d get it but I felt I should ask. I was right. On Wednesday, the day I was sick, we got a call from our president that he was on his way to talk to us. So I got a little more dressed and we went for a walk. He told me that it would be best if I went home at the appointed time and enjoyed Christmas with my family. He explained why and we had a good chat.

We had a fun experience this week. A few months ago we had the chance to teach this guy named Mark. He wasn’t Spanish speaking but we couldn’t get in touch with his Elders and his best friend was in our ward so we started teaching him because he was ready. As soon as we could get in contact with the right Elders we handed him over. He’s great! He got baptized this week and we got permission to go and see him. He gave the best testimony afterwards and came up from the water with a fist pump. Picture of him coming, the only non Mexican besides us.
 
I had a thought and wanted to tell you before I forgot. As an early Christmas present can you order the Ensign in Spanish for me? I thought it'd be a great way to keep up on my spanish. Gracias!

Even with just seven weeks left I don’t really feel trunky. I feel about the same as I did my whole mission, I always knew it was going to end and I didn’t count down the days, or try to pretend it wasn’t coming. I think that kept me from going crazy like some missionaries do :) I’m really excited to come back home and see you all and I’m really excited to come back here afterwards and see these people again and keep contact with them. Actually I was invited to go to Pueblo Mexico next year, that’d be cool since most of the members I know have family there.
 
Oh and mom thank you for sending the money, I found out the day I was sick that we were out of medicine and had to run out to get some, thank you!!!

Love you all!

Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment