Saturday, October 6, 2012

July 23, 2012

Wow what a week!

We are so busy. We leave early most days and get home late. We're trying to plan better so that we can get home early enough to plan and get ready for bed. Both areas we're working in are going well and especially sundays we're busy! One ward starts at 9 the other at 10. So we go to the first for half an hour then to the other for a few hours, then back to #1 for a meeting, then to #2 for our other meeting. They're not too far apart thankfully so it's not to bad, just a lot of running around.

On friday we stopped by a birthday party for some members. This is the family that made me a cake for my birthday :) The theme was japan because the girl loves japan! She had a kimono and everything. It was really fun and it's so great having things like that happen because we get all our investigators to go. They had a blast and the mom said later, "I didn't know you could dance and listen to regular music!"

There was a robbery in our apartments. Poor Elders! But it really was their fault. I've always said that it would be too easy to steal things from the second story balconies there, since it'd be easy to climb up. They always leave their bikes out there and one morning we came back from jogging and they asked us if we'd seen bike. They came back from running and saw a ladder against the apartment and their nice 700 dollar bike gone. They still haven't found it but the police went and scared this poor 8 year old to death because he was bragging to his friends that he stole it, and they Elders didn't know he was just a kid.

I'm finding that I like Mexican candy more and more. It always has salt, lime juice, and chile, and at first I couldn't do it, it made me sick. But now i'm used to it. I'll bring some home for you all to try.

Man it's been a mess lately! The church just updated the browsers for the system we use to email our president and it failed. Well it works but the libraries here don't update ever so we can't do it. We've all been scrambling to try and fix it and find computers that will work with it.

I love seeing how people change. There's one Hermana that when I first met her she was so angry all the time and was just grumpy. We didn't do much, we just invite her to come back to church. It changed her completely. She's a different persona nd so happy, now I love being with her. Today she's going to come out with us for the first time. :) She's getting ready to go the the temple to do baptisms for the first time.

I really love this work, I know i'm going to miss it when I come back home, I hope we have some missionaries in our ward when we come back so I can go out with them. What a missionary needs more than anything from the members is for us to just be their friends, and help them to feel comfortable. There's a really good talk you all should listen to, it's called The Missionary Next Door. I agree with everything she says. Just invite people, that's all you have to do. Then let the missionaries be the weird ones to ask them if they'd like to learn more. Because the missionaries don't care if they hate them, because we're getting transferred and we'll likely never see them again.

Love you all!

Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment