Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 1, 2012

We had a wonderful week! It’s been a struggle just because we’re still
working on getting to know each other and getting down a rhythm for
teaching. But we’re improving and she’s getting more confident in her
Spanish and in speaking in general. It’s fun to see her progress and
to remember back to the time when I was at that point still. It still
amazes me that I can speak Spanish now and couldn’t a little over a
year ago. It’s odd, it’s hard to remember what it felt like to not
understand what they said.

I’ve been taking her out on the street a lot and as I have I remember
my trainer doing to exact same thing I’m doing to her know. I see a
person, hand her a card and say, “Alright, this one’s all yours!” She
looks at me with fear filled eyes but I just keep staring at her until
she does it. Slowly she’s getting more comfortable. I remember now
having a slight hatred and anger for my trainer the first month, I’m
sure she and the other new Hermana do as well, but that’s normal. You
get over it eventually.

We’re had some cool things happen this week in our efforts to find
people. We’re going out a lot but haven’t found many people ourselves
but I’ve seen, and we’re seeing now, that if we just put in the effort
to find people who are ready come. Like we may get lots of referrals
for the English Elders, but then we’ll get sent some as well. We
picked up two new families that way this week, and they’re so great!
We were five minutes late and all the kids were outside waiting for
us. They’re such good kids and their grandma, who’s raising them,
really are ready for this.

Poor Hermana Pousima has had the flu all week, last night I sat up
with her and let the trainee Hermanas sleep. But on the upside she’s
starting to get better now.

The Relief Society broadcast was so good the other night! Plus it was
fun because all the wards came to the same building and I get to see
some of my recent converts. Adriana is almost ready to go to the
temple! If she keeps going strong I’ll get to go with her before I
come home! I’m so excited for her, she’s so happy now!

Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment