Saturday, October 6, 2012

September 18, 2012


Hello!
Sorry for not writing last week, we had lost our phone and so we didn’t have much time since we tried to go find it again. We didn’t but at least now we get an excuse to stop by peoples house to get their number. It’s a great excuse to stop by!
We’re doing great, busy as ever. Although that’s going to stop tomorrow. We got the call on Saturday that my companion Hermana Pousima and I will both be training. We’re so excited! We’re still going to be living in the same apartment and will get to work together to teach them which is nice. They flew in today and tomorrow at 11 we’ll go pick them up! It’s going to be hard though, we’re going to have to make up for all the people we could never see when we were covering the two areas, and we haven’t had time to go knock on doors so we don’t have a very large teaching pool. But it’ll be a great chance to have her dive right into missionary work. About a week ago we were talking to our president and asking him about the new sisters. He told us their names but that was it. BUT! After thinking about it I realized that one of the sisters coming in is a Sister Holmes. That would be an inspired companionship. When I we talked to the zone leaders they told us they told president that we would get at least one more baptism per month if he put us together. They said he told them that they shouldn’t have told him about the Holmes-Watson thing. Haha! We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
Speaking of me training, I’m going to apologize now. I’m not going to be able to write to as much as I have until now. Something I want to do that Hermana Kigueta did for me was to write my trainees parents every week too. I’ll do my best but my letters might be a little shorter.
We had a funny experience the other day. The areas we work in are fairly poor and some of the people literally live off the chickens and goats they own, which is funny to see all over since we’re right in the middle of the city. The other night we were visiting a woman and her house was a little more than a shack, with chickens and dogs running around inside and out because they have to leave the doors open to get some air, no AC. Well we were teaching her and trying to help her out because she was feeling very down and like God wasn’t listening to her. As we bore our testimonies I heard something and turned to see a mouse running along the wall next to my chair! I didn’t want to offend her so I just took my Book of Mormon and hit the wall next to it, didn’t even faze it. She looked at me and I accidently said in Spanish, “Oh, it’s a fly.” Fly and mouse are similar. So she didn’t react. Then the chiuhauha walked by and didn’t do anything. So I decided to ignore it and scoot away from the wall a little so it wouldn’t run up my leg. All of the sudden the dog goes for it and takes it down right in the middle of us! All we could do was just stare, and then tried to play it off and ignore it. So my comp goes back to telling her about how she knows Christ can help carry her burdens and it went something like this, “And I know-” CRUNCH CRUNCH, “….I know that-” CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH, “I know-” CRUNCH. Then it gave it to it’s puppy and the puppy dragged it under my chair to eat it on top of one of the kids toys. Experiences that you’d only get on the mission field.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment