Saturday, October 6, 2012

September 24, 2012

Hi!

The night before we went to get our trainees my comp had a nervous breakdown and
finally opened up to me about everything she’d been hinting at. We
talked until 3 in the morning then we couldn’t sleep so we stayed up
another hour cleaning everything in the house. I was so tired the next
day. She was really sick the next morning, but honestly training was
the best thing for her. She really needed a chance to worry about
someone else. We’re still having long talks, but she’s doing much
better an dwe can see why she got the one she did. I think by the end
of my mission I’ll have gotten in all my clinical hours for my degree.

Well I did not get Hermana Holmes. We all laughed about that but
honestly I could tell which one would be with me the minute I saw her.
Hermana Greenwood is a very sweet girl from Japan. Her father works
there in the military and she grew up on the base there for most of
her life. We might have given them a wrong impression because at the
start of the meeting (before we met our trainees) we had to run out
because my companion was sick. We missed the first of it but made it
back just in time for the announcements.

I’m really glad to be training, more than just because it’s fun. I
feel like I’m going to be learning a lot. Plus right now it’s perfect
for me because it’s giving me something to focus on. I don’t feel even
a little bit trunky, but I think it’ll help keep tha from happening
because i need to be 100% in this because I’m the only one who knows
what they’re saying :) It’s kind of cool to know that I’m training my
replacement in this ward. It’s good that we know because now I can
help her to focus on what will get her the farthest as the one in
charge of the area. Also one of the reasons I’m here is to help crack
her and make her more Mexicana. By the end of these weeks I’ll have
gotten her to be more bold. If she doesn’t the Mexican men will just
walk right over her.

Like I said, I’m not trunky, but I am very excited to come back home.
It’s perfect, I’ll come home right in time for Christmas and I’ll have
time to just be with everyone for a little while before I start work
and school.

Well, not much to say. We’re working hard and we’re doing a lot of
looking right now. After we split the areas we weren’t left with much
so we’re working on finding more new people right now. But we’re
finally starting to have some success.

Love you all!
Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment