Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 13, 2011 (Letter)

Que tal la chamba familia?

Thank you again for the letters and the package!  All the Elders had fun trying out the candy soda things, although one nearly ate the wax bottle as well.

Thank you for sending those stories and please send more when you think of them.  I love reading all of them!

I'm so glad that mom's doing so well! Sounds pretty amazing that she's doing as well as she is.  Though the menopause sounds pretty miserable.

Okay so funny story.  My companion and I just spent five minutes trying to figure out how to spell 'exercise'.  We both kept trying to spell it ejercicio.  I guess it's a sign that we're getting used to the Spanish!

Sounds like everyone's doing pretty good.  That's awesome about Connor's test.  Give him a hug for me.

Yikes about that missionary!  Well, he must have forgotten what they tell us everyday here.  Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles.  If we are not obedient the adversary will take that chance you give him.  I've seen it here with missionaries that just bend the rules a little.  One had to stay three extra weeks while his knee healed.  Others had to go back home.

Thanks for keeping up the blog, mom.  I'm excited to see it when I get home.  Ha ha!  Yeah, Darren didn't do too well writing to us.

Well, at the very least whoever I marry has to be approved by dad and Darren so he's sure to be good.

Aww!  Man!! I want to see Yi Yi again!  That was so fun when he was over that night and we banged pans at 11 o'clock.  Give him a huge hug and kiss for me and tell him I said hi!

Okay, so your story about Darren and the turkey made me laugh so hard!! I can just picture that happening.  Hopefully the pasta and turkey will keep him alive another week.  I imagine he's living off of dollar menus at the moment.

Ha ha!  So finally got to the last episode?  I pretty much know what happens.  Yeah, it's dumb.  Muhaha!  Just wait til I get back home and beat you all again.

Thank you for the stories.  I realized I didn't mention it, but yes, I did want some of yours.  It's really amazing how God really does answer our prayers.

As far as the bike goes, I think it'll be best to just get one down there.  Thanks for taking care of me!  THere is one thing I need and surprisingly, they don't sell them here.  I need buttons.  The ones on my white shirt wear through the thread and always fall off.  So, if you could send me like seven or eight buttons and some more white thread, that would be great!

Okay so both a good and a bad week.  We had some wonderful speakers this week, we always do.  Also our Elders sang "Love One Another" for the Sunday fireside in Spanish and it was great!

The bad part of this week was that our investigator Eva dropped us.  Dropped all the class in fact.  So now we've started teaching Laura.

The good is that we finally asked Jose to be baptized!  We taught him the last half of the Plan of Salvation on Monday and we talked through more of his issues and built his confidence but eventually worked through it and he said he'd do whatever it took to get to the Celestial kingdom.  SO we smiled and explained that in order to get there we have to follow the commandments of God, and one of those commandments is to be baptized.

He was a little shocked/scared, but he said he'd like to pray about it first and he said he knew God would answer him.  Yay!  I can't wait till our next visit with him!

So today was awesome.  Our district gets picked for everything.  Oh, by the way go check our the New Family Search online.  They had us test it and boy was I impressed.  We get to do a special survey in two days as well.

So, like I said in my email we got chosen to go and clean the temple!  The man is charge was funny, he was giving us our assignments and declared that all sisters would be cleaning the chandelier in the Celestial room!  Woohoo!  The Elders were disappointed so  he explained that it was because it's less likely that we would play with it.  But it was a blast.  It was so weird to be in there in tennis shoes and scrubs to clean.

Well, that about covers it.  Here's my mission address.  It has to be written just like this, no nicknames or I won't get it!

Sister Elora Watson
Arizona Phoenix Mission
18001 N. 79th Avenue
Building C, Suite 50
Glendale, AZ 85308

I love you all so much!  I"ll let you know when I get my flight info so you can all plan on being around when I call!!

Les Amo!
Hermana Watson

P.S. We got our travel plans today! Yay!!  We leave July 26th at 8:40 on the plane with 12 other missionaries.  We're flying Delta.  That being said, they seriously warned us against meeting family there.  I'll call you all sometime between 6 and 8 and 'maybe' call when we get there.  I'll get there at approximately 9:22 and apparently they'll take my bags and send me off to go tracting.  Woohoo!  Que Bueno!  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment