Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 21, 2011 (Letter)

Hola mi familia!

Que pasa este semana?  Que tal la chamba?

Things here are good but sort of crazy as we get down to the last little bit.  Only a few more days!

I haven't checked my email yet today so I"ll just catch you all up first and finish this later.

We got our travel plans late Wednesday.  Looks like we'll leave on the 26th at 5 and get there around 10 in the morning.  Plenty of time for a full day of prosoliting! (Yeah, I know I spelled that wrong.  The Spanish is messing me up because everything in it is spelled exactly how it sounds). Also, we'll be staying at the mission home that first night.  We asked them and they said it would be best to have all that sent down by the time I get there.  They'll just hold it till I come.

We got lucky again and are going to be part of this thing that'll announce Africa really being opened for some intense missionary work.  So if you see anything about that look for me in the choir. I have a bright green shirt on and I'm in the front.  Also I got to be in the second big panoramic picture for the MTC.  Cool!!

So I got sick, and it started to turn into another sinus infection.  So I got to the clinic as quick as I could and saw the doctor.  He wasn't too surprised, he said it's pretty common to get them at the MTC because everyone's sick here with colds.  He was good and we talked about the last bout I had with it and what we did about it.  He told me to do all that again then gave me some antibiotics to help kill it now while its not too bad.  He also gave me some good advice because he said that the climate in Phoenix will not be good for sinuses so he told me how to combat it.  So pray for me please that I'll get better and won't have to extend my stay in the MTC!

So about the call you got on Wednesday.  I think the filling on my tooth is having issues because it feels pitted or cracked and I've been having pain in that tooth.  Thankfully, they can get me in tomorrow morning so it'll get taken care of quick.  It was weird though because when they called I was right there so in a way I'm sort of glad dad didn't pick up then because then I could have heard him but not talked to him.  Also mom I was going to call you since you have the info but I couldn't remember your work number and couldn't remember if you were back there or not anyways.  Please send it to me!

Well, not much else going on.  Except that our investigator Jose has agreed to be baptised!  Yay!  He took awhile to think about it but in the end got an answer to his prayers.  He'll be baptised next Monday before we go if we can teach him all the commandments (Chastity, Tithing, and the Word of Wisdom) and refresh him on the 10 commandments in half an hour today.  We're going to do it!  Woohoo!

Well, off to check emails in a bit but first something funny. I already said this to Larissa a little.  But I was talking to a Sister from Phoenix and she told me that they'll think we're crazy for being outside because no one goes out in the middle of the day because it's so hot.  So they'll probably take pity on us and let us into their homes.  So maybe it's a good thing I burn like I do.  They'll see me and pull us inside.  Ahhh air conditioning.

Oh!  The letter to Kassandra Orton!  Can you get it to her please?  She sent me a nice letter and I wrote her back but she must have given me the wrong address because I just got this back.  I think she's either a primary girl or in YW's in our ward.

Okay....so the email is being stupid.  I went and printed them all off and only later found out they changed the rules so it only prints half of the page.  So I didn't get what you all wrote.  If you could send it again by dearelder that would be great.  I spent all my time trying to get it to work. :(  SO I can't really answer much here to you all.

I just showed the new sisters around.  They're great and still a little shell shocked but so happy to be here.

I love you all so much!! Take Care!

Oh, what's this about grandpa falling??  Grandma mentioned it in passing in her letter but it sounds like it was pretty serious.  What happened?

Alright I'll wait for your replies.  As far as the airport goes I'll try to call around 7 that morning of the 26th but it may be later around 8.  But probably not past 8:30.  Also, if I don't call don't worry.  I'll email you when I get down there to let you know I'm okay.  If I get more info, I'll send you a letter.  Tell me what number to call at through dearelder.  I'll just call the house number if you don't tell me differently.

I love you all!!
Les Amo,
Hma. Watson

P.S. Tell Connor sorry again.  He'll get his letter really soon!  I got half way done with it before I had to run to class and dinner.  I'll try to finish it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment