Friday, July 8, 2011

July 6, 2011 (Letter)

Hola Familia!  Que Pasa?

First of all thank you all for your letters and for the advice you gave me.  I'm trying to put it all into practice and things are getting better.  Funny thing is my teacher warned me about this the second week I was here.  He had a one on one with everyone and while talking to me said "God puts us with certain companions for a reason. I'm not sure but I think you're with her because she'll teach you patience and how to teach others."  I'll admit I sort of brushed it off thinkg, "Patience?  I need to learn to be patient?" Nahh..."  I can freely say that I have most certainly had to learn more patience.

Hi mom!  Thank you for finding that slip for me and thanks for everything you do for me!  I think I already said this but thank you for the 4th of July box of goodies!  I swear you and grandma must plan this or something because when I got that I also got a box of cookies from grandma.

Haha!  Oh! That's so nice!  Well at least now you can foist the chore of washing him off on one of my siblings and just get to enjoy a nice clean Stickers!  Benefits to being sick.  :)

That's sad about that lady being fired.  They must really be in a bind with all that and you being gone as well.  I'll bet they really miss having you around to help out.

So how are you feeling now?  Sounds like dads taking really good care of you.  But that sucks that you had to wait so long to go into the surgery.  Did you have to fast that whole time?  Have you guys heard anything about the tests they were going to do with that one ovary?  Yikes!  It was really a mess in there.  No wonder you weren't feeling good.  But I'm so glad it went well and it sounds like you're healing well too.  I'm glad I could fast for you and I had your name in the temple down here as well.  Also dad's right.  Just relax, read, pet Stitch, and heal up properly!  Love you mom!

Alright, I'll be looking forward to that package!  Thank you all!

Okay so we had a pretty awesome two weeks.  Sorry I didn't write last week.  My time got cut a few hours short so I'm writing one big one instead.

First off, we had all the mission presidents (the newly called ones) here at the MTC. As I said in my email, I got to meet mine and they're great!  They just got down there this week so they won't be there long before us.  Did you check out the blog they set up?  What's it like?  But the super cool thing was that the prophet and the apostles were all here!  We didn't get to see more than glances of them but it was cool to see all the cars with bullet proof glass parked on the sidewalk.  But then they had a special devotional and i was in the choir.  So we're all getting ready for it to start when the people by the door jump to their feet.  So we all jump up and start trying to see who it is.  Then all saw 7 apostles walk in!  There was Elder Bednar, and Elder Holland..... Wow!  Then Elder Bednar spoke to us.  Let me tell you, he doesn't waste words.  My hand cramped from writing like crazy to catch it all.  But it was incredible.

Overall I'm doing well with the language.  I can speak in future tense now!  Now I just need to remember stem changing words and build my vocab.

The 4th of July was just like any other day, but with no mail.  Late into the night we could hear the fireworks go off outside.  However, the 2nd of July was awesome!  Classes were let out early (8:30) so that everyone could go to a special devotional to celebrate.  We had a wonderful speaker that nearly brought us to tears.   We sang patriotic songs like America the Beautiful and Yankee Doodle.  It was a blast.  Then they had a parade of flags with bagpipes and drums playing Hail to the Prophet and Scotland the Brave.  Then the best part!  President Brown stood and announced that the handshake/hug ban was officially lifted!  Everyone went crazy with cheers.  Then when they calmed down he announced that after the prayer we were free to go watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks as long as we stayed on campus.  Even more cheers!  Then  when we all calmed a little, he said "Also, we have ice cream for everyone!"  That was a good night. :)  The fireworks were awesome!  So overall a very good week.

Starting this Friday we have to start teaching, or rather re-teaching, all the grammar we've gone over.  We got lucky and have an easy one - future tense!  It'll be fun!  We're going to make them translate the "I will go and do..." chapter of the Book of Mormon.  Muhahaha!

Oh, and yes Connor sent it to the right one.  Give him a hug for me.

Whoa!  Darren moved out?!  That seemed really fast.  But that sounds like it's an awesome place he got.  Tell him to give me the address.

Well, it's got to be pretty hard right now for her to go from being with him everyday to not.  She'll pull through, and tell her to write a dearelder when she gets home.

Great!  I'm glad they got those pictures up so quickly! Thank you!  It already feels nice to have it since the A/C isn't working properly right now and we're all cooking.  Thank you!  I love it!  I was very pleased with the girl who did it, she was great!

Thanks for doing that blog for me by the way.  Thanks too, there's not much really that I don't want on there, but yeah, I know you'll know.  :)

Tell everyone thanks for the advice and help.   Things are getting better, but we're still just working on things.  One thing I never expected though, I asked her to be more direct with me.

Woohoo for no work!  But sounds like a crazy time.  At least you'll be having fun while you're at home.

Ha ha!  Well seems you already washed them.  Good!  They hate it, but its got to feel so good to get rid of that fur.  Oh!  Cute little girl.  She's a hoarder all right.  Oh! He's so cute!

Haha!  Alright.  I love you mom!  Sooooo good to hear from you.

Hna. Watson

P.S. Can you all send me some stories of our ancestors through Dear Elder?  I'm finding that I don't know as much as I'd really like to about them.  Les Amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment