Friday, July 8, 2011

June 16, 2011 (Letter)

Hi Mom!  Te Amo!

I'm working on getting everyone a letter just for them at one point or another and you were next!  Just wish I had more time to write. :(

Thank you for that nice note and for the knee highs!  I really needed them!  Also for the card (which was really cute, by the way) and my license.  We all started comparing our drivers licenses when I got that.  Lol!

Ha ha!  Yeah, I should have given it to you in the first place.  I thought he might have forgotten to turn in my tithing.  Thanks for finding it!

Oh, wow, no wonder you weren't feeling good!  Man, what a mess.  But at least now they know how to fix you!  That is a little scary thought about how they'll have to do it.  I'll be praying and fasting for you on that day.   I hope they understand how painful endo can be.  Good for dad for doing that.

Good!  I'm glad my letters have been getting there safely.  Tell them to write me back sometime when Ribs isn't working and Connor is back in the states.  Also, how did Connor take my letter?  I was a little nervous since I basically told him my testimony.  I just felt like he should know how I feel about the Gospel.

Since I ran out of time to write you an email, I thought I'd give you some excerpts from my journal for what all has been happening.  Oh, and my comp and I are doing better.She had a good experience in the temple and we talked.  We're better, but still working on things.

Okay!  So on to my journal!

I think I may have mentioned this before but we lost an Elder in our class.  June 6th he told us he was going home to straighten out his life.  June 7th he left.  He's written us and is having a hard time since people aren't really being nice about it.

June 8th - I had to move to a top bunk because we had two new sisters move into our room.  It's so fun having them here.  Even if we might all get sick and die because one of them came here with croup.  She says she got it from her little nephew the day before she came.  So far no one else has caught it.  But guess what got announced the next day?  We're currently (still) under a no bodily contact ban.  No handshakes, hugs, nothing.  Because some new missionary brought Noro virus here with him.  No one in my zone has it yet though so I'm hoping it'll just pass over us all.

June 10th - My companion and I got to take a field trip into the real world so she could see a dentist about a cavity since her filling fell out.  It was sooo weird!  They had a shuttle take us there and the whole way there we were freaking out because we were leaving the MTC!  When they dropped us off and drove away we just looked at each other like "Oh my gosh, whatdowedo?"  Plus, it was strange to have everyone smile at us and go "Hi Sisters!" Weird. Weird. Weird...  We got her all fixed up (apparently we came just in time to avoid a root canal) and headed back.  It's amazing how we could just feel it once we entered the MTC boundaries again.  It was like getting back into a hot tub after jumping out for a second.  The spirit is so strong here, it really feels different!  It was so odd to be out of it, if only for a little while.

Oh!  I was so excited!  June 9th I finally fixed the Rubix Cube!  Took me long enough since I could only really work on it five minutes at a time.  Tell dad that I'll be able to beat him again when I get back!

There are so many missionaries on crutches - you seem them everywhere.  Mostly from accidents playing soccer.  While we were playing kickball the other day, an Elder slipped and twisted his ankle.  Had us all worried because he's had surgery on that foot before but it looks like he'll be okay.

I can't believe how time flies here.  The days are super long, but all of the sudden it's Wednesday again and we all just go "What happened to the week?"

Part of our time is spent teaching our four investigators, Jose, EvaMaria,  Caesar, and Gina.  Jose is the only one who speaks English.  The rest we have to teach in Spanish.  It's hard, but I'm finding I can understand them pretty well and can usually communicate to them what I need to.  At least they usually understand me pretty well.  EvaMaria is hard.  She can't read so our teaching is going pretty slow, especially since for a long time she wouldn't admit to it.  She's got two young sons and we just found out that she's been doing some illegal things to make money to raise them.  But I think we're making progress.

So last Sunday I got called out for a second weekly interview, which is weird since we only get one on Sunday>  Our branch president is giving me a calling to be the new coordinating sister for our district.  I'm so excited!  But I can't tell anyone in my district yet since he asked me not to.  He said they'll find out next Sunday when they announce it in Sacrament.  I'll pretty much be reporting to our branch presidency how the girls are doing and helping the girls out with whatever they need.  I'm so excited!

So Monday as a district we banned English until 12.  It was hard!  But we made it and will be doing it again soon.

On that same day we learned some interesting things about the culture since our teacher Hno. Rosales is from Mexico.  He told us never to knock on a door 5 times and that even 4 times is pushing it.  Apparently it means you're ragging on their mamas.  Also tapping your fist on your heart means you're gay.  Also there's a phrase we'd been using and when we said it he just groaned and said "don't use that!  That's like something my grandma would say!" So we stopped.  He got us all laughing our heads off when he told us how he used to say "Of course my horse!" because in Mexico they think Americans all say that all the time.

So crazy thing happened the other day.  I ran into a girl here who was one of my friends at APA!  Starla is her name and we tried forever to figure out where we knew each other from.  Then it finally clicked and I asked her "You didn't go to APA for ninth grade, did you?"  Funny running into her here!

Well that's about it for me!  Love you!
~Hna. Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment