Saturday, February 11, 2012

December 5, 2011


Hi!
 
This has been a very crazy week so far, the worst of my mission I think. On tuesday we had transfers and my trainer Hna Kigueta got put in a different area. But over all it's a good thing, where she's at a ton of our investigators families live. We've been getting all the info we can so she can go see them all over there. My new companion is named Hna Wells (W2 power) and we're just working on getting our teaching together down. She's funny and likes to paint her nails with crazy patterns. Then on Weds. we had another suprise. Sister Belnap's companion Sister Demille got her visa and they shipped them out the next day. It was really fast and then we got a call from president. He asked us if we'd be okay with going into a trio with Sister Belnap till they could get her a new companion, we said sure since we have pretty much the same area. But it's been crazy teaching in english, completly different. And she speaks no spanish so she just kid of stares at the wall in our lessons. Hopefully sometime this next week they'll get her companion so she can get working more in her ward and we can work more in ours again. Our whole district got switch around too. I'm the only one who stayed in the ward AND my area. One elder got moved to a different area, same ward, but everyone else left.
 
Interesting thing happened while we were all out. The english ward has been trying to contact less actives and so we've been helping Sister Belnap. Well we went to go check this place and apparently the mission leader told them to go in the day time. We get there and found out it was some sort of halfway house. The minute we walked into the gates of that place it felt bad. There was a group of guys in the corner of the yard doing drugs and some crazy homeless people wandering around. So we quickly knocked on the door and confirmed that the woman had moved then started marching out of there. As we were leaving one of the druggies started towards us and I got my bag ready to hit him and run. He was really high and started going, "Hey girls...you got it goin on!" So I said, "That's nice." and started trying to hurry my companions along. He kept coming and saying stuff like that so I just held up and hand and said, "I'm a missionary." then did like Joseph and got us out. We marked that place on our maps so no one will go there after, it was a very dark place. My companions seem to think that my replies to him were hilarious, but honestly I was scared, it was a bad situation, we'll not be going on the street again.
 
Well now i'm the designated driver for this area because I'm the one who kind of knows where things are. It's pretty fun, and I'm glad not to have to be the one to back up the car anymore, it's cold! We were talking and we just went through a 70 degree change in weather, we're freezing! I'm making myself a blanket and a hat. This big change has gotten everyone sick including me again. My comp was sick when she joined us and gave it to everyone. Hit me pretty hard and i'm pretty sure it's trying to turn into a sinus infection but I'm fighting that as best I can. Went and bought a ear syringe and made myself some saline. I do not ant to get as sick as I did before again!
 
Well over all the week has been really busy but good. We're teaching some good people and the guy I yelled at has been making huge progress, he's comitted to baptismal date! Honestly, he's a different peron from the man I met.
 
Love you all! Have a great week!
 
Hna Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment