Saturday, February 11, 2012

November 21, 2011


Hi mom!
 
I'm feeling much better, I think I just got sick because I wasn't sleeping well and got caught in that storm. But I'm almost all better now. I lost my voice for a bit but it's back now.
 
Glad you liked that! I was so excited to send that to you! My comp doesn't like cats at all, but she's trying for me. Everytime we see one she goes, "Oh, here comes your boyfriend." Cats find me down here. But I still miss my little girl too, I could use a furry bed warmer.
 
I'm so excited to call! I'm glad i's been long enough that I can really talk some more to you guys. Also I'm learning all kinds of spanish foods and getting pretty good at making them. Actually I tried to make cookies the other day and they ended up like little chocolate sweetbread. Still good, but not cookies.
 
Fun! I love working with the primary president in our ward, she does so much for the ward! It really makes a difference in these kids lives. Sweet! And this way you won't get the chance to blow up the oven again this year. :) Cool, you should send pictures of the decorations! We've been seeing some lights a bit now and it makes us really happy!
 
Haha, i'm excited to see them.
 
Really? He's still dating her then? Huh, it's so weird to think that he could get married before we know it. Yeah I met her for a bit before Danielles baptism.
 
I love my mission president and his wife, they're amazing and they just love all the missionaries so much. We had so much fun with them at the sisters meeting we had. Dad's been super busy running back and forth lately.
 
Thank you for the package and the note! It came just in time :) I'm excited to see your letter!
 
This has been a crazy week but so good! The sisters only meeting we had was way fun. We had some good speakers then workshops! First we got to go through all these clothes, bags, and jewlry that people donated and pick out what we wanted or needed. It was so good, I got a jacket for running in and some new skirts, it's been nice not to have the same six outfits and now I can switch them up a bit. We also made hair flowers, and I got to translate to the english speaking sisters as a sweet older hermana taught us how to make quick easy and cheap salsa. It was good! And I was very happy with my translating skills!
 
All the new clothes must have done something because last Saturday we got proposed to by this old mexican man. We walked up to him and his friends fixing the car and he said (in spanish) "Whoa pretty young girls! How much does it cost to marry you two?" He was around 50. We just told him he has to get baptised first.
 
We're teaching soem amazing people. one is a single mother of three kids and she works so hard to take care of them and her kids are angles. She deserves them. I love seeing them, they always run up and just hug our legs. Also we're having a wedding!!!! They finally went and got their license and this saturday we're going to have the wedding and then the baptism! She's so excited! Also her little boy is so cute. When he see's us he always goes, "Hi church ladies!" He's four.
 
Friday the ward had a thanksgiving dinner for the community and it was so good! We got tons of people to come there and they showed a video of all the members saying what they were thankful for, and of course they had all the missionaries be in it. They also have this tree that's now outside the bishops office with leaves on it and at the dinner everyone wrote what they were thankful for. So cute! All the little kids whose families we teach wrote along the lines of, "I'm thankful for the hermanas" or "I'm thankful for my kigueta and watson". So cute!
 
We went hiking today and it was super fun! We hiked fatmans pass. Someday we'll all have to come down here and go on these hikes, beautiful desert hikes!
 
 Well I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
 
Hna Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment