Saturday, February 11, 2012

November 14, 2011


Hi mom!
 
I can imagine this was a rough week for you all. Just a one after the other shock. How are their families doing now? Soon as I can get some more pictures i'm going to send them a postcard. I'm so happy with how the ward has stepped up to support them. That's one thing I've learned is that our callings and the ward are SO important. Missionaries can't do this without them and we're set up like this to help each other and love each other. How's Bones and Connor doing with all this? I love that song, and that was the perfect topic to share at this time. That's another thing I've learned is that God really loves us, and even the little things in our lives he sets up to help us. He wants us to be happy and will take care of the details to help us.
 
Aha, i thought they would! You're going to be great, and there's a talk you should look up called "The Loneliness of Leadership". It was by pres. Hinckely and it was sooo good! It'll be a big change but you're going to do so well and I think you'll find a good balance of friendship and leadership :)
 
On another note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I think it might have gotten stuck in the postoffice over the weekend but you should be getting something soon ;) I've been waiting to send this since May.
 
Sweet! I'll be needing that coat because it's wet down here! Got me sick even, but i'm almost better now. The rainey season has started! Yay! And i'm excited to call you guys soon! Hmmmm, I don't think I really need anything really right now, although if you find some good talks any of you I'd love to get a copy. We can't print things too often so if you'd send them when you send other things that'd be great :) If there's anything else I'll let you know mom! Thank you!
 
Thanks mom! I'll send other when I write more, I've been drawing a lot instead of writing, so I'll send some of those too. Yeah my hairs grown a bit, and yesterday I gave myself bangs, did pretty good too if I do day so myself. Actually this week the ward is doing a huge dinner together at the church for Thanksgiving, and we've been invted to nearly every members house for thanksgiving day too. They really really love the missionaries here. Well transfers are in about two weeks and i'm not sure. I'd love to stay in this are with her and honestly I think that might happen, they've been keeping people in areas a long time lately. My comp has been here almost her entire mission. She loves you guys too!
 
This week was quiet but good. We've been visiting a lot of less active members and talking with them. We've found some investigators that way. We've also found some awesome old women. I love talking with them! They're really old and so funny! Sunday we went to visit one and her daught was over. She the matron for the Colonial Juarez Mexico temple and came to see her mom while their temple was closed for cleaning. We had a really cool talk with her.
 
It's been different in our apartment now with two extra people. We have no space! It gets really crowded in the kitchen at times and the firdge is a little small is chuck full of all our food. Plus people ahve been giving us a lot of food lately. But it's fun living with them. Today i'm going to teach them all how to make empanadas. And an Hermana in our ward is going to teach us how to make those huge paper flowers in a week. She's amde them for her job her whole life and they're amazing! She's just maks them all day and sells them t the stores and for weddings and things.
 
Miracles happened and one of our investigators is going to get married! We're so excited and she is she! They're going to do great together and she's so happy that she finally get to be baptized! She's so nice, she has us over for dinner lots, and loves to just ask questions and learn.
 
We had a great week!
 
Thanks mom i'll be carefun, love you!
 
Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment