Saturday, February 11, 2012

January 30, 2012


Hi mom!
 
Yeah he was telling me he's felt a little bit sick this time, poor guy. But yeah he'll probably be back working soon.
 
Haha! I was wondering about that...
 
Cool, i'll see if I can send it back soon with all us missionaries on it!
Hmmm, I think the only thing I'd really need is some new running shoes. The ones I have are wearing out pretty good. I think they've still got some time on them but in the next few months for sure I'll need new ones once it starts heating up again. Thanks mom!
 
Good, i'm glad to hear things are getting better now. It's always so hard the first few weeks of changes, but things always setle down and you're going to be wonderful for the people there. :)
 
Haha! He's gordito for sure. Poor things, they must go crazy in the car! But I'm sure they're nice and fat now with treats.
 
My companion Hermana Graves is great! We get along really well and teach pretty well together too. Sadly our roommates are getting moved in two days to cover another ward so we'll be alone down here again with no sisters. The upside is that we'll have warm showers again and enough space in the fridge, but we'll miss them.
 
It'll probably be in the end of Nov. since that's around when the transfer ends I think. We'll see as we get closer.
 
Awesome! He's been working really hard on that, what's he got to do next with it?
 
Yeah I just got an email from him. He's still trying to get settled and figure things out. He's been looking for a job and he just got a calling to teach the 16 to 17 class at church. He's doing good :)
 
It's been a bit of a harder time but I'm lucky to have a good companion and a great ward. I'm a little sad today because this older Sister we'd been visiting passed away and we didn't get to see her before since she was in the hospital. They said she got our note though and was asking for Hna Kigueta before she died. We just went to the viewing. i'm okay though, her family is great and it's hard to be upset at a mexican viewing, they have a party! It was really neat too, they buried her in her temple clothes. She has a cool story, her husband actually used to be a preacher till he met the Elders. She really didn't like them at first at all. But she warmed up slowly and then got baptised.

But over all we're being really blessed right now. Last night we were waiting for a Brother to meet us and stood on the corner so he could find us. Right then this woman crossed the street, saw us, sped up, and asked, "Are you the mormon girls?" We were surprised and said yes. She was really really happy to see us. Her son was baptised recently and they'd just moved from Mesa this week. She's really going though a lot right now and asked if we could come pray with her today at her house. We said of course and talked a bit more. Turns out just a bit earlier that day she was at the bus stop and was praying and asking god to help her find the mormons again because she needs God in her life right now. She just kept saying, "And he answered my prayers, here you are!" I love being where God wants us to be.

Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment