Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 6, 2012


Well, this has been an interesting week. To start the other sisters that lived with us moved out, they had to fill an open spot further north so we've got the apartment to ourselves again. It's good an bad. More space, but we have to do more cleaning now. I also seemed to have some bad luck this week. On monday I was running in the morning and tripped and biffed it hard. Luckily I missed all the stickers in the grass but got some gravel in my hands. Wasn't too bad. But I'd just started healing from that when I was baking and went to check if it was done and hit the top of my thumb on the top of the stove. As I told my companion when she asked if I was okay, "Well, it's never good when you can hear your skin sizzle." Didn't hurt for too long but I've just got a nice scab on my hand now. My comp was nice and did the dishes for a few days.
 
We're not finding anyone right now. For some reason our whole district is having trouble with this, we haven't found anyone new for three weeks now and we've been out looking really hard. We're tryign to figure out why it is  and we can't see any reason for it. So we're going to follow some advice from our Bishop and go to work for now with the less actives and recent converts. We'll see what happens this week.
 
I'm so happy though! One older man we've been working with has finally got it! My trainer taught him almost her whole mission and I've taught him since I came out. He's had such a hard time and for so long hasn't seemed to be able to feel he was even worthy to have the love of God. We've worked a long time to try and help him with that. Finally last week we set up a program for him because he said he can't have the spirit in his home and if he can't have the spirit he can't be baptized. We set up a set schedual of prayer, scripture study, and singing hymns. The problem he's had is that he hasn't gone 100% to find out yet. We left it with him and the next time we saw him he was a different man. He had the spirit with him and you could just see the glow in his eyes. He was happy, almost bouncing off the walls (he's 75 years old) and happily told us that he'd wanted to call us the day before when he'd finally gotten it. He also said that if we weren't Hermanas he'd hug us. It's such a huge difference, and it's so good to see him really happy! Sometimes it just takes a while for them to do it for themselves. He's finally done that and it made all the difference in the world.
 
The ward here is so good, the Sisters just love us and take really good care of us. They're so giving too and you can't say no, they won't accept it. My clothes have grown since I came here. Generally they're just a very charitable group, we always see them helping each other out and doing things, from making some food to a wedding dress. It's such a good ward!
 
We found this really good program to help people stop smoking that really works! We're doing it now with the husband of an investigator and he's doing so good! It helps to shut off the desire for a cigarette so they can quit in a week. I wasn't sure if it'd work but it does! To support him we're not eating any sweets or treats this week. He was so happy at church yesterday!
 
I love this area and this ward. :)
 
Love you all!
 
Hermana Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment